As parents we are expected to have all the answers but when it comes to feeding toddlers, it can be hard to get the balance right: which foods to offer, how much and how often are all key to encourage healthy habits for life.
We conducted a survey among 400 parents to understand the challenges. Here’s what you said:
- 7 out of 10 parents found offering a variety of meals a big challenge, with 1 out of 3 of you not confident about what to feed
- More than half of parents surveyed told us they struggled with portion size… although nearly 70% of all parents we talked to tended to offer too much on the plate
- And….more than 54% of children did not have a routine of 3 meals and 2-3 snacks
We listened to what you said! – Working jointly with parents for parents we developed the Toddler Menu Planner – A simple and visual guide for all families to get the balance right – which foods; how often; how much?
Did you know….
Rapidly growing toddlers require more nutrients in each mouthful of food than adults – The Toddler Menu Planner is specially developed to meet the growing needs of smaller tummies (1-4 year olds) and is packed with useful info and helpful tools, including:
- 67 tasty and nutritious toddler recipes developed by a paediatric dietitian
- A 14-day meal planner featuring easy toddler meal ideas and healthy toddler snacks
- Photos of the recommended toddler portion size for each recipe and snack ideas for children
- Guidance on how to combine a variety of meals and snacks to ensure that your toddler receives a balanced diet every day
- Tips and tricks on saving money on groceries, ordering and shopping for food